The Rome Presbyterian Church was organized May 18, 1819 as a Congregational Church. The first church service was offered in the home of Elijah Crosby in 1808 by Reverend Jonathon Lewis of Geneva. Services continued and in 1819, the Rev. Giles Cowles presided over the organizational meeting. Those early services were offered in the original one room school house built in 1821. The church building pictured here was built in 1836 and has been the home of weekly church services ever since. The Rome Presbyterian Church is a part of Rome history from housing run away slaves as a part of the Underground Railroad to using chairs made in the wood-working business of Clinton Rogers which started in 1850. The church continues to offer Sunday worship services each week.
Historic US Highway Route 6 runs through the center of Rome intersecting Route 45 and has significant connection to the Underground Railroad in the 1850's - 1860's.
The Board of Trustees of Rome Township believes being a Trustee is the most personal form of any government. Township administration is known across the country as the grass root government of America. The services provided include the maintenance of township roads and ditches, rental of the township hall, fire protection, emergency services and the care of township cemeteries. The elected trustees fill their offices on a part-time basis, but are always available and ready to meet the individual needs of the community.